The north of Bogotá has one of the best gastronomic areas of the city. In Usaquén you will find all kinds of food prepared by the best chefs of the capital. Here are my top 5 restaurants in Usaquén for you to try!
Bistronomy by Rausch
Located on one of the corners of Usaquén Park and with a very cozy atmosphere, the Rausch brothers created Bistronomy, a perfect place to taste the best of European and American cuisine. The chef recommends the Magret de pato con salsa de ajo (duck magret with garlic sauce) and the Steak Bearnaise. For vegetarians, there is a variety of pastas and falafel burgers.
- Address: Carrera 6 # 119-24
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm / 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Average price per main dish: From 31,000 COP ($7.86 USD) to 66,000 COP ($16.73 USD)
Abasto is a restaurant interested in supporting local producers. For this reason, the ingredients selected for each of their dishes are grown by Colombian farmers and indigenous tribes using traditional processes. This means their dishes are always fresh and delicious. This restaurant is perfect for having breakfast; I recommend you try all the varieties of arepas that they have, and of course a typical Colombian juice. The rest is up to you!
- Address: Carrera 6 # 119b-52
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday 8:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Average price per main dish: From 9,000 COP ($2.28 USD) to 42,000 COP ($10.65 USD)
This is a must if we are talking about Colombian cuisine and therefore, one of the best restaurants in Usaquén as well. With 50 years of experience, Casa Vieja pays homage to the traditional recipes of the country. They want to spread the cultural heritage of the country through typical Colombian gastronomy, but always with a sustainability policy. In Casa Vieja it is possible to find the typical dishes of each of the Colombian regions. If you want to try the typical dish from Bogotá, do not forget to ask for the Menú Santafereño.
- Address: Carrera 6 # 117-35
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Average price per main dish: From 30,000 COP ($7.6 USD) to 49,000 COP ($12.42 USD)
Fish specialists 80 Sillas work with suppliers in the Colombian Pacific to bring the best seafood to your table. They support artisanal fishing and respect the population of each species. For this reason, their menu is constantly changing. However, the recommended dishes are always the ceviches.
- Address: Calle 108 #6a-05
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Average price per main dish: From 34,000 COP ($8.62 USD) to 45,000 COP ($11.41 USD)
La Provence de Andrei
You can sense the French air all the way from the entrance to your table in La Provence de Andrei. This is a place with lots of vegetarian options (more than 15). The best thing to recommend about this place is not to leave without trying at least one glass of wine from the great selection they have.
- Address: Carrera 6 # 117-44
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Average price per main dish: From 19,000 COP ($4.81 USD) to 58,000 COP ($14.71 USD)
I hope you enjoyed reading about some of the best restaurants in Usaquén! If you want to know more about where to eat in Bogotá, do not forget to take a look at the Food and Drink section of our blog. Keep visiting Colture, subscribe to our newsletter, and follow us on social media.